Terms of Reference
Protecting Children on the Move in West Africa:
regional project development consultancy
The aim of this consultancy is to lead the development of a high quality full proposal funded by the European Union Trust Fund for Africa (EU TFA)
The European Union Trust Fund for Africa has already approved Save the Children concept note aimed at protecting Migrant and Displaced children in Guinea, Senegal, Gambia, Ivory Coast, Burkina Faso, Mali, Mauritania and Niger.
Save the Children, in consortium with Terre des hommes- Lausanne are working in partnership to jointly secure funding on the protection of migrant children in West Africa. The project will be implemented by a consortium, led by Save the Children, composed by Terre des Hommes and Several local organisations.
Concept note will be shared only with successful applicants.
1. Organization Background
For almost a century, Save the Children has been making a difference in children’s lives in more than 120 countries. We are the world’s largest independent child rights organization, underpinned by a vision in a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
2. Objectives of the assignment
The primary objective of the assignment is to develop a successful full proposal including logical framework, action plan, budget and all supporting documents required by the contracting authority guidelines (in attachment).
While the consultant will be supported by Save the Children technical and financial teams he/she will be the ultimate responsible for the development (writing) of the project proposal in compliance with donor instructions.
* Collect all required information to develop the full proposal
* Organizing and facilitating workshops and meetings at national and regional level
* Refine the overall strategy, including activities and intervention zones.
* Writing all the project document as per donor guidelines and instruction
3. Expected outputs/specific deliverables
- A full proposal (narrative, log frame) compliant with donor guidelines and instructions
b – A detailed budget compliant with donor guidelines and instructions
c – A detailed action plan compliant with donor guidelines and instructions
- A Procurement plan compliant with Save the Children guideline
e – Staffing plan and organogram
4. Profile Of The Consultant
* Solid experience in writing proposal and proven successful history of proposal writing for the European Commission funding
* Proven experience in mastering European Union formats and requirements
* Proven experience in leading the development of multi country proposals
* Good Understanding of the context in West Africa and specifically the Sahel region
* Understanding of the legal frameworks and current practices on protection for minors
* Experience in developing and supporting offices in the design of child focused, human rights based, gender transformative log frames, narrative and financial proposals
* Ability to plan, organize and manage own workload
* Ability to facilitate planning workshops
* Strong written and speaking skills in French and English
* Previous work experience with Save the Children or Terre des hommes – strongly preferred.
5. Duration of the assignment
The duration of the assignment is 21 working days, with the exclusion of travel days. This is however a tentative timeframe. The assignment will be considered completed upon submission of satisfactory deliverables.
The assignment will start the 8th of April.
6. Reporting lines during the assignment
The consultant will report directly to the Program Develop and quality director based in Dakar in close consultation with SCI Regional Migration Advisor, Terre des hommes and Save the Children Spain.
This consultancy will be managed by deliverables, the applicants are requested to provide a total lumpsum for the whole execution of activities and completion of deliverables.
All offers need to provide detailed financial offer with costs breakdown including – Total consultancy costs split in deliverables
- Travel costs, in-country and international, including airfare, visa, lodging, board, insurance and internal travels costs.
- proposed payment terms *All costs are to be provided in Euro
Required documents for Bidders:
1) Technical offer, including Methodology and approach (max 3 pages):
2) Financial offer (detailed budget)
3) Detailed CV (max 3pages)
4) list of European Union funded proposals developed in the last 3 years (indicating: EU funding line, year of development, amount and locations)
4) Three examples of successful proposal funded by the European Union, with preference for the Trust Fund in the Sahel.
5) Professional references for similar works
Application Email: Fsy.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adresse Route de Ngor, Dakar - Sénégal