World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 37,500 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Regional Resource Development Director – West Africa Region, you will lead and drive growth in revenue in the West Africa region and support National Offices (NOs) fundraising efforts for private non-sponsorship and public/institutional grants. You will support the National Offices in increasing and diversifying bilateral, multilateral, major foundations, private public partnerships, Gifts-in-Kind (GIK) non-food items, corporates and grants income, by providing over strategic direction in line with Regional and National Offices strategies. You will build relationships, capacity and collaboration to effectively grow the portfolio, ensure effective pipeline and win rate to meet programming needs.
- Master’s Degree in Development, Social Science, Management or other field applicable to developing country context preferred.
- Bachelor Degree in International Development, International Relations, Rural Development or any related field.
- At least 8 years of senior management experience leading fundraising initiatives in a large International Organization.
- Leadership capabilities that includes strong ability to coach staff to achieve high levels of performance.
- Strong influencing skills ability to engage effectively cross culturally & cross functionally in order to achieve shared goals and effective indirect line management.
- Excellent written and spoken English and French.
- Travel: Minimum of 30% International travel is required.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 19 OCT 2019. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Adresse Dakar