NRC’s Regional Office for Central and West Africa (CWA-RO) relocated from Olso, Norway and opened its office in Dakar, Senegal in June 2018. The office is comprised of 22 permanent national and international staff and another 10 international intermittent and roving staff. NRC’s Regional HR Team provides a range of professional support both to the Regional Office of Dakar as well as to the Country Operations within the CWA-RO Region where NRC runs and implements its programs in Mali, Niger, Cameroon, CAR, DRC and Nigeria.
Presentation of the Regional HR Team
The Regional HR Team provides HR services within the framework of NRC’s global policies and standards, funding requirements, as well as within national legislative and regulatory frameworks. The Regional HR Team comprise a Regional Head of HR, 2 Regional HR Advisers and is now looking for a its Regional HR Coordinator.
Presentation of the Regional HR Coordinator’s role
The Regional HR Coordinator will assist the Regional Head of HR and will run our day-to-day operational HR function and support our HR team and managers throughout the recruitment process. In this role your tasks will span from proper and timely support to recruitments for international and national appointments, to payroll process, contract, data and filing management, ensuring compliance with national labour laws of the HR administrative processes to providing support in developing our HR systems.
The HR Coordinator will mainly interact with colleagues of the Regional HR Team, the Regional Administration and Finance teams as well as with employees based in the regional office in Dakar. To a lesser extent the position will interact with the Country Operations’ HR focal points and the Global HR team located in NRC’s Head Office in Oslo, Norway.
If you have a degree and technical background in HR, are organised and structured, appreciates working in a multicultural environment, not afraid to be hands on and to multi-task and would enjoy providing a humanitarian organisation and its relatively new office with HR related support then this is a great opportunity for you. Our preferred candidate has a good knowledge of the Senegalese labour law, have experience in payroll and is perfectly fluent in French. In addition, since English is our organisational language, you must have a good working knowledge of English; spoken and written.
- Ensure adherence to NRC HR policies, handbooks, guidelines and to the national labor law in all processes and procedures
- Ensure the implementation and maintenance of HR administrative systems and procedures at Regional Office level
- Ensure timely payroll, accuracy of staff salaries, mandatory tax and social declarations, staff benefits schemes, absence management, etc.
- Coordinate with relevant partners and authorities when requested and relevant
- Ensure proper filing of all employee documents and ensure that all staff records are up to date and filed appropriately
- Ensure staff recruitment for the Regional Office and coordinate staff briefings, introductions, exits, and training.
- Support the HR Advisers with the administrative follow up of recruitment for Country Operations
- Support Regional Head of HR in national staff HR matters and advice in personnel processes when required and relevant
- Prepare and submit HR reports and carry out other duties of temporary character appointed by Regional Head of HR.
- Active contribution to the overall work of the CWA-RO HR Team
- Higher education within a relevant field of study; preferably a degree within Human Resources
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of experience in an HR role
- Proficient & broad understanding of HR processes
- Experience with recruitment and selection
- Experience with establishing employee pay, tax and social declarations
- Previous experience from working with NGOs or the Humanitarian sector an advantage
- Very good knowledge of the recruitment environment in Senegal
- Very good knowledge of the legal context and the Labour Law framework in Senegal
- Knowledge about own skills and profile
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Good abilities to manage processes and systems to optimize results
- High discretion and confidentiality
- Detail oriented and structured work approach
- Analyzing abilities, proactive and abilities to multi-task
- Ability to provide both verbal and written information clearly, succinctly, and persuasively
- Start date: Asap
- Commencement: Asap
- Type of position: National position
- Type of contract: Fixed term (CDD) Senegalese contract – Cadre Status
- Duration: 24 months – with possibility of extension to an open ended (CDI) contract based on performance and funding
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary grid and compensation and benefits guidelines
- Grade: 7 in NRC’s grade structure
- Adresse Senegal