NRC is looking for a Regional Finance Controller for its Central and West Africa Office located in Dakar
The Regional Office for Central and West Africa is quite a recent regional office as it was moved from Oslo, Norway to Dakar, Senegal in June 2018.
The Central and West Africa Regional Office (CWARO) is overseeing the country programmes in the region, and provides strategic guidance across core programme, advocacy and support functions.
The NRC Central and West Africa region is composed of 6 Country Offices in Mali, the Central African Republic (CAR), the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), North-east Nigeria, a country office in Cameroon and a new Country office in Niger. All countries are experiencing a deterioration of the security situation, increasing humanitarian needs and displacements numbers due to conflict.
Displacement across the region is fluid and complex. Across the region new displacements occur alongside secondary displacements of people who are trying to return home, but often find themselves unable to reach their place of origin. An increasing number of people across the region live in protracted displacement, and are dependent on humanitarian assistance for survival.
The Regional Controller reports to the Regional Head of Finance
The purpose of the Regional Controller position is to support the country offices in implementation of Finance in accordance with NRC policies and procedures. The regional Controller can also on behalf of the Regional Head of Finance perform quality and compliance control
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedure
- Provide strategic advice and technical support to the Country Offices in the region on Finance.
- Support and monitor compliance with the Finance handbooks and NRC policies, and respective quality assurances.Monitor overall financial reporting and financial control, as well as cash flows for NRC Country Offices (CO).
- Coordinate and consolidate the Country Office’s budgeting and reporting and produce required analysis and reports assigned by Head of Support Unit
- Provide control checks to the COs to ensure compliance to the finance handbook, pre-agreed through travel visits to the country offices.
- Contribute to the development of policies, strategies, tools and new approaches, with a focus on innovation and piloting
- Ensure that best practices are identified, documented and disseminated both within the region and beyond
- Provide capacity development across Country Offices in the region and the Regional Office
- Provide regular Finance analysis and reports
- Ensure that countries keep their grant portfolios updated (quality check and control of BPO)
- Support Finance Managers in the use of the Agresso tools.
- Control and approve all budgets and financial reports before submission to donors.
- Review co-funding requests and provide recommendations to Global Finance Adviser focal point for approval/rejection.
- Review and control eBRS on monthly basis and prepare e-BRS compliance checklist
- Perform financial analysis of the country funding status including Master Budget analysis (check cost coverage)
- Plan for and do year end-closure routines at the country office and NRC Oslo HK client.
- Review audit management letters before submission to the auditors and donor.
- Provide analysis of the results during the trimester finance compliance monitoring report and recommend corrective actions when needed.
- Other tasks as assigned by Head of Finance
Qualifications Expected professional competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics and of Finance
- Minimum 3 years of experience as Finance Advisor/Expert or similar positions in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- French is mandatory and Fluency in English both written and verbal is required
- Knowledge of the countries supported by the Region is an asset
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
We offer Status: National position
- Type of contract: Senegalese fixed term contract of 2 years – Full time i.e. 40 hrs/week
- The contract is extendable/renewable depending on performance and funding
- Start date: July 15th 2019
- Duty station: Dakar, Senegal
- Travel: Some travel to the countries of the region are expected
- Position classification: Grade 9
- Salary: according to grade 9 and according to NRC’s regional salary scale and terms of employment for national employees **
- Application Deadline: June 25th at midnight (Dakar, Senegal time)
- Please apply directly through NRC’s website on the vacancies section:
- Adresse Dakar