Aperçu de l'offre
Dimagi hiring a Project Manager.
Dimagi was born from the belief that there’s a better way to provide services to those in need. Our mission is to create digital products that support global development efforts and help accelerate the end of extreme poverty. CommCare, our mobile data collection platform, is designed to improve data collection and the quality of frontline services in low-resource settings around the world. We work across various sectors with organizations of all sizes providing mobile solutions that put end-users first. Working with partners that include the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, CARE International, and the World Bank, Dimagi has successfully implemented CommCare and supported 2,000 projects across 80 countries. Dimagi is a certified Benefit Corporation and leading social enterprise, working since 2002 towards our commitment to making an impact.
About the position
We are looking for a Project Manager to join our Solutions team. This position can be based out of our country office in Cape Town, SA or remote working in Dakar, Senegal. This role is a 6-month fixed-term position with a possibility of renewal depending on project requirements.
In this role, you will take on accountability for the optimal design and development of mobile applications built on our flagship platform CommCare. This position will ensure the appropriate management of all business requirements, coordinating expectations across multiple stakeholders, and implementing all technical deliverables as per the specifications in a timely fashion.
You will be working in an agile environment, alongside a dynamic, multi-skilled team of developers, engineers, public health and development specialists.
We are seeking individuals who are eager to work with a diverse team in an exciting work environment and want to use their technical background and project management knowhow to get things done. You will have the opportunity to work on the frontline with community health workers, manage digital health products and technologies (like CommCare, DHIS2, PowerBI, and Tableau), deliver solutions that enable people to live healthier and more productive lives, and help deploy these mobile applications throughout Africa.
Period: The period of performance will be finalised following agreement of the consultant’s specific Terms of Reference for the assignment, but will be for at least a period of six (6) months, with an option to renew, if required. Compensation for the six month engagement will depend on your location.
Oversee technical design and development of creative mobile technology solutions together with your project team, which includes:
- Project scoping to combine technical and non-technical workflows to build a sustainable solution that works for users in low-resource settings.,
- Responsible for managing the app building process by overseeing a team of resources
- Manage project quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Create process and workflow mapping, diagrams, use cases, and other documents in support of projects.
- Develop, maintain, and complete project documentation, including project plans, risk log, issues log, post-project reviews, etc.
- Liaison between our engineers and our end users.
- Provide project management guidance, training and mentoring to improve the effectiveness of the app building process through best practice
- Work together with the Project Management Office to continuously improve the Project Management methodology from a technical standpoint
Minimum Job Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in project management, preferably managing technical projects with experience on technical designs for software solutions.
- Degree in Computer Science or relevant technical experience
- Demonstrated expertise in collecting and managing requirements from different stakeholders and delivering against those.
- Must be technically savvy and enjoy the design process to build applications that meet business goals and objectives.
- Experience working in and coordinating with dynamic teams.
- Self-motivated results-oriented team player.
- Demonstrated reliability to predict time expectancy on job completion, and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to manage company and developer expectations through honest and timely updates.
- Analytics and process-driven thinker.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Interest in making a social impact.
- Professional fluency in English and at least one additional language (e.g. French, Portuguese, Kiswahili, Khosa, etc.)
- Agile experience
- Leadership experience in the adoption of best practices
- Previous experience working within project management for software developers
- Experience in delivering enterprise software implementations
- Experience with systems integration and/or databases
- Data analysis experience
- Experience with system and scenario flow diagrams, functional user assessments and testing, architecture and content structure and functional specification
To Apply: If interested, please include your CV and cover letter in English on the application link below.