SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organisation we support children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We work in 135 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year. To support us with this important responsibility we are now looking for committed Regional Programme Development Advisors.
Programme Development Director International Office Region West & Central Africa
Location: Dakar – Senegal (with 60% field travel)
Type of contract: Expatriate contract for candidates based abroad or local contract for candidates based in Senegal (Senegalese or foreigners)
Contract duration: 12 months (with possibility of open-ended contract upon results)
Start date: As soon as possible but June or July in preference
Under the leadership of the International Director Region IOR WCAF, the Programme Development Director will drive the on-going development of programme work within the region; ensure the best possible response aligned to the situation of children in each community, make sure that Programme quality management approaches are implemented, and promote monitoring and continuous learning.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Policy, quality standards and organisational learning
· Drive and monitor the implementation of federation programme policies and quality standards in Member Associations (MAs); this includes training and supporting MAs on programme related policy implementation
· Initiate and contribute to development of federation programme related policies, standards and guidelines; this includes working on regional supporting tools to fill gap areas and promote innovations
· Support core-care-co-workers skills trainings (in alignment with HROD) and build programme capacity in MAs to enhance child development
· Develop, lead and support the regional programme network consisting of national, regional programme co-workers, supporting cross-national, cross-regional knowledge sharing and steering national and regional development
Programme monitoring and evaluation
· Ensure the consistent monitoring of programme quality in MAs and the execution of programme audits
· Drive the active prevention of child abuse and the implementation of transparent reporting systems in MAs
· Ensure management, development coordination, roll-out, operation and first level user support of international / regional programme systems and database applications in close cooperation with regional ICT
· Ensure close cooperation with MAs providing support, guidance and capacity building on programme topics
Research Innovation and Development
· Drive and support programme development, innovations and piloting in MAs
· Ensure best-practice sharing between MAs as well as within and between regions
· Support international research projects through facilitating the participation of MAs
· Oversee the programme planning process in the region for both new and existing programmes and support ongoing consolidation and prioritisation. This includes participating in programme planning workshops in MAs and consideration of best practice within and outside the region
· Develop and foster partnerships on a regional level, focusing on impact for programme work
People management responsibility
· Lead the team of co-workers in the function in the region (Dakar and Yaoundé), managing the performance and ensuring development of direct reports
· Liaise closely with other functions at the regional level in order to guarantee adherence to organisational standards and to seek synergies wherever possible;
· As Function’s representative in the Regional Management Team, bring in the functional expert view, striving at the same time for a customer / service focused cross-functional cooperation;
- Minimum 10 years of INGO experience (particularly in West & Central Africa)
- Minimum of 8 years in the same position or leadership positions ( Project Management experience including project planning, budgeting, monitoring and reporting)
- Willingness and ability to do International Travels and within the region at short notice
- Certified training in Leadership, Child Protection and Project Management
- Has an understanding of technical aspects of Program Management activities.
- Good knowledge on Microsoft Office with high level in the use of Power Point and Excel.
- Good communication and diplomacy skills with a strong ability to persuade and influence client and stakeholder. Will interface with 3rd party
- Must have excellent knowledge (written and spoken) of French and English to meet donors’ requirements.
- Demonstrated experience and capability to manage projects autonomously.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with local and international stakeholders.
- Ability to virtually work in a multicultural environment and to handle change
· Diverse, creative and challenging opportunities in an international working environment
· Possibility to make significant contribution towards the development of Member Associations in the Region
· Competitive compensation package and excellent development opportunities
In accordance with the organisation’s child protection policy, all employment is subject to applicable background checks, including criminal record checks
What We Stand For:
SOS Children’s Villages is committed to creating and maintaining a caring and protective environment, which promotes its core values, and prevents and addresses child abuse and exploitation. We strongly condemn all forms of child abuse and exploitation, be it within or outside of our organization, and always respond to any case of proven, alleged or attempted abuse within our sphere of influence according to its nature. Efforts ensure that mechanisms are in place to raise awareness, aid prevention, encourage reporting and ease response. They range from human resource development actions such as training and counselling to measures such as suspension, dismissal, and legal action.
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application (CV+Cover letter IN ENGLISH) to email@example.com
The position remain opened until filled
Female candidates are strongly encouraged
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Adresse Dakar