Aperçu de l'offre
UNICEF hiring a Finance Assistant, Senegal.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
Purpose for the job
Under the supervision of the Finance Officer, the incumbent performs support tasks in the accounting and finance functions for the Common Services Unit.
Key functions, accountabilities and related duties/tasks
- Prepares payments based on approved documents. Verifies financial transactions prior to submission to GSSC, follows these transactions and takes appropriate actions as deemed necessary. Assures accuracy of information. Assures that all relevant supporting documentation is properly attached to GSSC submissions.
- Maintains liaisons with officials of local banks to obtain day-to-day information on bank account balances, exchange rates, changes in procedures and regulations, and matters pertaining to maintenance of office bank accounts.
- Maintains financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports.
- Processes documentation relevant to HACT (liquidations on the basis of the FACE formula). Assures that the figures tally and that the appropriate allocations and approvals have been made by the relevant programme section. Prepares a report once a month on the aging status of HACT. Provides periodic projections as to HACT/DCT balances as requested by management to enable appropriate monitoring.
- Receives reimbursements from staff and partners by check or wire and drafts CRVs, assuring that amounts are appropriately attributed to the relevant party, the amounts are accurate and that the destination coding/path is correct. Communicates with sections when needed to assure this information is complete and available in an expeditious manner. Create a receivable in SAP.
- Assurance activities (spot check, training)
- Filing of checks and wire payments along with supporting documentation in accordance with organization standards and DCT liquidation.
- Monthly and annual closure activities.
- Any other task as assigned by the supervisor. Provides support in the execution of the tasks of the other Finance Assistant in his/her absence.
Competencies and level of proficiency required
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Works Collaboratively with others (1)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
- Drive to achieve impactful results (1)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
- Analyzing (1)
- Learning & Researching (1)
- Planning & Organizing (1)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (1)
- Completion of secondary education preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the accounting and finance.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in general accounting/finance field.
- Fluency in French and working knowledge of English are required. Knowledge of the local language an asset.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
This is an internal vacancy announcement.
In line with the DHR announcement on prioritization of Internal candidates and freezing on external recruitment, the term “internal” refers to all personnel with an ongoing employment relationship with UNICEF, including staff members on a continuing, fixed term and temporary appointment, individual contractors and full-time time-based consultants, and UNV. It does not include interns and employees of external entities performing duties for UNICEF. This definition defers from other policies (such as staff selection) in which the term “internal” refers to staff members on a continuing/fixed-term appointment.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Closing Date Mon Aug 31 2020 23:55:00 GMT+0000 (Greenwich Mean Time)