SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organisation we support children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We work in 135 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year. To support us with this important responsibility we are now looking for a committed Regional Emergency Logistics and Security Advisor.
Emergency Logistics and Security Advisor,
International Office Region West & Central Africa
Location: West and Central Africa (Dakar, Senegal)
Under the leadership of the Regional Head of Emergency, the Emergency Logistics and Security Advisor will directly support National Logistic Coordinators, Regional Emergency Program Advisor, Regional and National ER Coordinators. S/he will be in charge of procurement, supply chain, logistics, security procedures dissemination and update, logistics diagnostics, audit, capacity building. The Emergency Logistics and Security Advisor will support country teams for the logistics, ensure of regional logistics and security acticity coordination and reporting.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Co-ordinate Supply Chain Management processes for SOS-CV in the WCAF region – Planning, Consolidation, Procurement, Reception, Storage and Delivery- across the whole country programmes and ensure that the Supply Chain services delivered are timely and achieving Best Value for Money.
- Ensure local, national and international procurement practices are compliant with SOS-CV and donor regulations.
- Ensure that security procedures are in place in countries, regularly updated and followed by country staff.
- Ensure technical support to the different Country Logistic Teams and ensure that essential standards of logistic procedures and the country program’s logistics policies and systems met in coherence with the country program.
- Implement and update the country programme’s logistics procedures and policies; rolling out new logistic policies and procedures.
- Support the National logistic coordinators/focal point to implement Procurement related to emergency projects and to Warehouse Hub system.
- Support the Regional Emergency Team in the implementation of the Regional Logistic Manual of the regional office and disseminate it in the countries of the region
- In coordination with the National logistic coordinators/focal points, updates Country Logistics Manual and Country Supply Chain Plan documents every year.
- Participate in the recruitment of logistics staff of all countries of the region.
- Ensure that capacity building of all logistic staff is done through trainings, on the job learning, sharing, lessons learnt and on-line.
- Work in close collaboration with other members of the SOS-CV at regional and national level, particularly programme and administration teams, in sharing information on the assessments and proposed interventions, providing overviews of logistics requirements for the development of project proposals and subsequent projects.
- Support ERT training of emergency response team in preparation of Country Emergency Preparedness Plans and provide training in Emergency Logistics practices.
- Comply with all relevant SOS-CV policies and procedures with respect to child protection, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
- Ensure that SOS-CV commitment to improving quality and accountability in humanitarian work is upheld, through reference to the Sphere Charter and the NGO Code of Conduct.
- Any other task that may be requested by the head of emergency.
- Extensive experience (at least 5 years) in supply chain management in emergency and development environment, including procurement, transport and distribution, inventories, warehouse and stock management.
- Strong experience in security management in emergency context.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a management position.
- Dynamic personality, self-assured, pro-active, problem solving, not scared to face challenges and stress of working environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Strong IT skills.
- Sound organizational skills.
- Autonomous, reactive and able to deal with priorities.
- Extremely rigorous and precise, attention to details.
- Practical and solutions oriented.
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English mandatory.
- Willingness to do International Travels in emergency countries within the region at short notice.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with local and international other stakeholders.
- Previous experience of working in Logistics and security with an INGO or UN agency in West Africa is desirable.
- Certified training in security, logistics and/or procurement is an asset.
- Experience of remote management is an asset
- Diverse, creative and challenging opportunities in an international working environment
- Possibility to make significant contribution towards the development of Member Associations in the Region
- Competitive compensation package and excellent development opportunities
- In accordance with the organisation’s child protection policy, all employment is subject to applicable background checks, including criminal record checks
What We Stand For:
SOS Children’s Villages is committed to creating and maintaining a caring and protective environment, which promotes its core values, and prevents and addresses child abuse and exploitation. We strongly condemn all forms of child abuse and exploitation, be it within or outside of our organization, and always respond to any case of proven, alleged or attempted abuse within our sphere of influence according to its nature. Efforts ensure that mechanisms are in place to raise awareness, aid prevention, encourage reporting and ease response. They range from human resource development actions such as training and counselling to measures such as suspension, dismissal, and legal action.
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application CV + Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.** The position remain opened until 25th August 2019
SOS-Children’s Villages International, www.sos-childrensvillages.org/
The position title (Emergency Logistics and Security Advisor) must be mentioned in the subject line.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Adresse Dakar