Location: Dakar with extensive travel to countries covered by Sahel CCST
Contract: Fixed term (12 months), full time
British Red Cross Contract, Seconded to IFRC
Salary: GBP 30,056 per annum plus subsistence allowance and housing
About the role
The British Red Cross (BRC) is currently looking for Disaster Management Coordinator (DMC) to support the IFRC’s (International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies) Sahel Country Cluster Support Team (CCST) Office based in Dakar. The IFRC Sahel CCST provides support to nine National Red Cross /Red Crescent Societies i.e. Burkina Faso, Cap Verde, Chad, Gambia, Guinea Bissau, Guinea, Mali, Mauritania and Senegal in strengthening their capacity in disaster and crisis prevention, response and recovery as well as other key thematic areas of focus.
As a DM Coordinator you will be responsible for ensuring implementation Sahel CCST’s annual plan 2019 and IFRC’s Strategy 2020 particularly in four key thematic areas of focus; (i) Disaster Risk Reduction, (ii) Shelter, (ii) Livelihood and Basic Needs, (vii) Migration (including Protection, Gender and Inclusion) in close coordination and collaboration with other technical delegates/ staff and peers of Partner National Societies. In addition, he/she will also main focal person in starting up humanitarian response operations (DREF and Emergency Appeal) in Sahel CCST in close coordination with Africa regional DCPRR (Disaster and Crisis) Unit.
About the team
This position will be contracted by the British Red Cross in support of the IFRC. Our International Directorate works in partnership with the wider Red Cross Red Crescent family: with some of the 190 National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies around the globe, the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC).
The DM Coordinator reports directly to the Head of Sahel CCST. The technical reporting line of this position is the Head of DCPRR (Disaster and Crisis Unit), Africa Region based in Nairobi. The DM Coordinator is a member of extended DCPRR Team in Africa. For the operational needs, this position is eligible for short term deployment across Africa region
About the person
We’re looking for someone with:
* Extensive experience in disaster management, including field operational experience. Experience setting up, managing and coordinating disaster response, including leading multi-national response teams.
* Relevant experience on project and budget management
* Experience in project cycle management (Project writing, Log Frames, Financial management, Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation)
* Fluently spoken and written in French and English
* Experience with donors programming requirements, in particular USAID, ECHO and DFID, preferred;
* Experience of working for Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement.
* University degree in disaster risk management or social sciences, international relations, or equivalent
* Time management and organisation skills
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and networking skills
* Established capacity to deal with stressful situations, willingness to work in remote and isolated location.
To apply for this role, click here: http://bit.ly/SahelDM
Closing date for applications is 23:59 UK time, 18/08/2019
Interviews will take place Week Commencing 26/08/2019.
Please click here to view the full job description and person specification for this position.
Should you have any questions on this role please email us at quoting reference REQ0000026JC
We offer a wide range of staff benefits, these include:
* Accommodation while on deployment
* Subsistence allowances while overseas
* Travel to and from the country of posting, plus long service flights
* Comprehensive insurance, including medical, personal effects and life insurance
* Pre and post assignment medicals and access to excellent health and wellbeing benefits
* Access to a pension, which you can join at any time during your contract
* Generous leave entitlement (36 days inc. public holidays)
Click here to learn more about British Red Cross’ work internationally
As part of its recruitment and selection process the British Red Cross undertakes DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) or equivalent overseas criminal records checking of all individuals who work overseas with us.
The British Red Cross, incorporated by Royal Charter 1908, is a charity registered in England and Wales (220949) and Scotland (SC037738).
Follow us on Twitter @RedCrossJobsUK and on Linked in * British Red Cross, to hear about our latest job vacancies.
Connecting human kindness with human crisis
- Adresse Dakar