Overall Purpose/Broad Function:
The International Society for Urban Health (ISUH), working with the Foundation Botnar, a Swiss chari-table foundation established in 2003 to support projects investing in sustainable future solutions to improve children’s health, nutrition, and education is supporting Nutrition International’s project Fort pour le Futur for the next three years (from May 1st 2019 to April 30th 2022) through the Botnar Healthy Cities for Adolescents project funded by the Fondation Botnar. Fort pour le Futur will deliver integrated nutrition and sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) education and services in a relevant, exciting and empowering way for adolescents aged 10-19 in the secondary city of Thies. The program is designed through a multi-stakeholder partnership between city government (City Council of Thies, Ministries of Health, Education and Youth), local civil society groups (RESOPODEV, Reseau Siggil Jiggen), and the private sector.
The Urban Youth Program Officer will be responsible for the timely and effective implementation of project activities in the field in line with the Fort pour le Futur project plans and resources and NI guidelines, policy and procedures. He/she will work in close collaboration with implementing part-ners, local government agencies and the City Council of Thies to ensure that work plans are devel-oped, implemented and monitored as well as ensuring that resources are properly used to deliver the project expected results from the City of Thies. Under the guidance of the Senior Program Officer – Adolescent and Women Nutrition and Health, he/she will be representing the Fort pour le Futur pro-ject in urban, local and regional coordination structures and will maintain the linkage between the Fort pour le Futur project and urban, local and regional government agencies and partners.
3. Key Duties and Responsibilities:
3.1 Program Development and Planning
• Providing update to NI Sahel management team on project context and environment by undertaking regular update of the landscape analysis of nutrition and sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) landscape in the city of Thies.
• Guiding and leading partner field staff for a proper use of tools and guidelines in order to facilitate high quality quarterly and monthly planning and budget forecasting for the implementation of the project activities.
• Lead, coordinate and facilitate monthly work planning meetings in order to ensure synergies among implementing partners.
• Ensure that Fort pour le Futur project plans are fully incorporated into local development action plans in the district and region.
3.2 Program Implementation and Management
• Ensure that project activities are implemented according to agreed approaches, guidelines and procedures.
• Consolidate, analyze and transmit to the NI Sahel project management team the monthly and quarterly reports and recommendations on the implementation of the project activities.
• Lead monthly Geography Intervention Country (GIC) calls and prepare and upload GIC report on timely basis to follow project progress.
• Undertake periodic field visits as may be required to the Fort pour le Futur project sites with implementing partners to provide support and technical direction for the implementing partners’ staff and project actors.
• With the support of the NI Sahel M&R Program Officer, ensure that implementing partners collect, tabulate review, analyze and report project monitoring data.
• Ensure timely and successful implementation of planned activities and recommendations on corrective actions from regular monitoring and evaluation reports.
• Provide input to documentation on lessons learned.
• Provide inputs to the donor reports for the Fort pour le Futur project reports.
• Maintain up-to-date documentation related to project approval, monitoring and implementation of the project within the city of Thies.
3.3 Financial Management
• Develop quarterly cash flow projections for project activities and office management.
• Ensure that the project activities are implemented as per the approved budget.
3.4 External Relations
• Build and strengthen relationships with key project’s stakeholders and implementing partners in the City of Thies.
• Represent NI Sahel at local and regional meetings and play active role in task forces in line with the scope of the project.
• Ensure positive communication with government agencies and other nutrition and SRHR players in the city and the region of Thies.
3.5 Office management
• Ensure budget for office management are properly and transparently managed, in liaison with the NI Sahel Finance and Administration Officer.
• Ensure the project office space and environment are appropriate and meets acceptable standards of safety, security and hygiene, and are properly maintained.
Other duties and responsibilities may be required.
4. Supervisory Responsibilities:
No supervisory responsibilities.
5. Education/Professional Designations/Experience:
At least A Master’s degree in health, nutrition and social development field.
At least 5 years relevant experience, 3 of which must be in management and food safety and other relevant food security or SRHR issues.
Experience with national governments and other institutions is required.
Experience working in a decentralized environment.
6. Language Skills:
Fluency in French and working knowledge of English. Fluency in local languages is an advantage.
7. Travel Requirements:
Based in Thies; travel may be required up to 30% of the time.
8. Other Specific Skill Requirements:
Practical understanding of regulatory decision-making in Senegal
Attention to detail, good research and analytical skills
Strong written, verbal and communication skills
Team player, strategic thinker, self-starter, good communicator, and skilled networker
Proven organizational ability and excellent time-management skills
This Job Description can and will be amended as requir
To apply for this position and for a complete job description, log into https://nutritionintl.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=150** . Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and CV by July 24th 9. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those chosen to participate in the interview process will be contacted.**
- Adresse Dakar